- Kyeiwaa has landed as a faculty in Penn State University at Behrend campus. Congratulations!
- Ph.D. student, Sheng Bi, successfully defended his dissertation and will become a faculty in China. Congratulations! Great step forward, Mr. Sheng Bi, Dr. Sheng Bi, and Professor Sheng Bi !
- After five years Ph.D. study and one year postdoctoral research fellow in the group, Dr. Zhengran He will move on to join a company in Florida. Congratulations!
- Senior design group (2014-2015) supervised by Dr. Li has published their capstone project work in The Journal of Science and Health at The University of Alabama (JOSHUA), which is an undergraduate research journal at UA. The team leader, Mr. Nicholas (Nick) Johnson, is the first author. Nick is now working in Lockheed Martin company in California and a graduate student at Stanford University. Congratulations!
- Welcome Dr. Ziyou Zhou join the group as postdoctoral research fellow!
- Undergraduate student researcher, Mr. Michael Ikegami, graduated from UA and will join Raytheon company in Dallas. As a honor student, Michael has worked in the group since freshman year. He has won the first place on poster competition in engineering twice at UA. Michael, good job!
- UA honor students, Mr. John Frank Strength in ECE and Mr. Ryan Pak in ME, joined the group as undergraduate researchers. Welcome!
- Ms. Kyeiwaa Asare-Yeboah won the Best Overall Presenter award in the 4th Annual Research Symposium of the African American Graduate Student’s Association (AAGSA), 2015. Congratulations, Kyeiwaa!
- Mr. Michael Ikegami received ECE Undergraduate Award at UA. And again he won the first place in the engineering poster competition, Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity Conference at the University of Alabama, 2015. Congratulations, Michael!
- A high school 2014 summer intern, Mr. Jack Chen, won the national semifinalist of The Intel Science Talent Search (Intel STS), a program for nation’s most prestigious pre-college science competition. Congratulations, Jack!
- Paper "Temperature gradient approach to grow large, preferentially oriented TIPS pentacene crystals for organic thin film transistors" has been published on Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B (JVST B) as featured article and front cover. Congratulations, Kyeiwaa!
- Mr. Michael Ikegami won the first place in the engineering poster competition, Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity Conference at the University of Alabama. Congratulations, Michael!
- Mr. Zhenzhong Sun passed his Ph.D. oral defense in February 2014. He will work in Western Digital Corporation, one of the largest computer hard disk drive manufacturers in the world. Congratulations, Zhenzhong!
- Ph.D. candidate, Mr. Zhengran He, has successfully passed his dissertation defense in September 2013. Congratulations, Zhengran!
- Ph.D. student, Mr. Shoieb Shaik, won the global "Win An AFM" Giveaway from AFMWorkshop. Congratulations, Shoieb!
- With evaluation from internal and external reserachers, both Mr. Zhenzhong Sun's poster on "Large Area Patterning of Single Magnetic Domains with Assistance of Ion Irradiation in Ion Milling" and Ms. Kyeiwaa Asare-Yeboah's poster on "Temperature Gradient Approach to Grow Large and Well-Oriented TIPS Pentacene Crystals for Organic Thin Film Transistors" won the Outstanding Poster Award in MINT annual review, 2012. Congratulations!
- User proposal on "Thermally Stable FePt Anisotropy-Graded Nanopillars for Bit-Patterned Media" has been approved for access to the state-of-art nanoscience research facility at the Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences (CNMS), Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
- Another user proposal on "Morphology Engineering for High-Performance Bulk Heterojunction Polymeric Solar Cells" has been approved for access to CNMS facility at ORNL.